Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing
Expert cabinet refinishing for 80% LESS THAN THE COST OF NEW!
Cabinet refinishing has become a popular affordable alternative to a complete cabinet removal and replacement. As long as the current boxes and frames are in good shape then the Grant Painting Group can help clients create an amazing new look in their kitchen or bathroom at a fraction of the cost, time, and inconvenience associated with a normal kitchen renovation.
Our refinishing process has been developed over decades and is completed by our expert painters in a professional refinishing shop which includes a properly equipped spray booth. We only work with top quality Sherwin Williams finishing products that meet the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association guidelines and that provide a hard durable chip resistant factory like finish which will withstand the test of time.
- Cabinet doors and drawer fronts are removed and taken to our professional finishing shop equipped with a spray booth where they are re-finished.
- All surfaces such as doors, drawer fronts, moldings, and bases are cleaned with a degreaser such as TSP.
- All Surfaces are then scuff sanded with 120 - 150 grit sandpaper and wiped and vacuumed clean.
- One or two coats of primer are then applied. The type and number of coats of primer are determined by the substrate that we are working with.
- The surface is again sanded using 220 grit sandpaper and again cleaned and vacuumed prior to applying the first finish coat.
- The first coat of finish is applied and the surface is again sanded. 400 grit sandpaper is used this time in order to prevent any sort of scratching on the finish coats.
- The surface is again cleaned and vacuumed
- The second coat of finish is applied (a third coat if necessary) and the doors are left to cure for five to seven days before being re-installed.